SPOT Canine Club is NYC’s fastest growing dog care company! We’re seeking a General Manager to join our expanding team and help us further our mission, ‘Extraordinary dog care, every single day.’
Turn your passion for dogs into a career! As a SPOT General Manager you will lead, inspire and shape a team of like-minded dog-care providers to consistently deliver best in class service and care to SPOT’s four and two-legged clients.
As a General Manager at SPOT, you will:
- Motivate staff to maximize collaboration, retention and growth
- Collaborate with SPOT’s Director of Operations to ensure day-to-day operational excellence
- Juggle a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Be empowered to make decisions and solve problems independently
- Take full ownership of your SPOT facility by building relationships with your clients and team, personally resolving any concerns or problems.
The position has the following responsibilities:
- Educating clients about SPOT’s services to best meet their needs and the needs of their dog
- Quickly diffuse and resolve any client issues or complaints
- Coordinate weekly work schedules for all staff in accordance with SPOT’s budget and policies
- Lead the training and development of all store associates
- Promote and sell SPOT’s services to prospective clients
- Cross sell SPOT’s wide range of services to current clients
- Ensure the facility is well equipped and properly maintained
- Develop and mentor direct reports through a combination of formal performance reviews and informal feedback
- Manage store operations to meet or beat store budget
Dog lovers that are interested in the General Manager position should meet the following job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Six years of sales, retail, hospitality, or related experience
- Two years of experience in a management role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Respond well to unusual or crisis situations
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to understand and manage financial budgets
- Comfortable with MicroSoft Office including word and excel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
SPOT Canine Club is New York’s premier and fastest-growing pet care services provider. Our unique dog care facilities offer best-in-industry care for every dog that is entrusted to us. Each facility offers an inclusive and supportive environment within a fun, friendly and fast-paced workplace. We are guided by our five business principles; ‘dogs come first’, ‘embrace positivity’, ‘listen, learn, and share’, ‘be a champion’, and ‘have a ball’.
When you join the SPOT team you will discover a culture that values ongoing training and career advancement. We value diversity and encourage our team members to reach their full potential.
SPOT offers an industry leading benefits package including a competitive salary, multiple career path opportunities, health benefits, medical, dental, and vision, and generous vacation time.