SPOT Canine Club is NYC’s fastest growing dog care company! We’re seeking a Groomer to join our expanding team and help us further our mission, ‘Extraordinary dog care, every single day.’
Turn your passion for dogs into a career! As a SPOT Groomer you will lead, inspire and shape a team of like-minded dog-care providers to consistently deliver best in class service and care to SPOT’s four and two-legged clients.
As a Groomer at SPOT, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide high quality grooming services
- Communicate with clients before and after all services to gain feedback
- Communicate all issues (i.e. nicks, ticks, etc.) with clients and the Manager on duty
- Document and maintain notes on all dogs for reference
- Supervise and develop grooming staff (i.e Bathers)
- Maintain the cleanliness of the grooming room
- Maintain the operation of the grooming equipment, inventory and reporting any facility or materials problems immediately
- Promote SPOT’s grooming services and up-sell options to clients based on their specific needs
- Providing high quality grooming services within a designated time frame
- Client satisfaction based on client retention and surveys
- Management of grooming equipment, tools, room and bather
Dog lovers that are interested in the Groomer opening should meet the following job requirements:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 4-6 years of grooming experience
- Skilled in breed standard / specific hairstyles
- Knowledge of breed profiles and dispositions, skin and hair types
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Able to follow directions and special instructions
- Supply own equipment other than tables, dryers, cages and shampoos, which will be supplied by SPOT
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Able to lift dogs 50 lbs.
- Availability to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
SPOT Canine Club is New York’s premier and fastest-growing pet care services provider. Our unique dog care facilities offer best-in-industry care for every dog that is entrusted to us. Each facility offers an inclusive and supportive environment within a fun, friendly and fast-paced workplace. We are guided by our five business principles; ‘dogs come first’, ‘embrace positivity’, ‘listen, learn, and share’, ‘be a champion’, and ‘have a ball’.
When you join the SPOT team you will discover a culture that values ongoing training and career advancement. We value diversity and encourage our team members to reach their full potential.
SPOT offers an industry leading benefits package including a competitive salary, multiple career path opportunities, health benefits, medical, dental, and vision, and generous vacation time.